As the automotive industry continues to evolve, so does our technology. As you may know, newer vehicles are equipped with many safety systems, one of which is the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS). ADAS gives drivers more visibility through a front-facing camera mounted either on the windshield or the headliner above the windshield.
When is calibration right for you?
In order to ensure that the vehicle’s safety systems are functioning properly, these cameras must be recalibrated after certain incidents. To ensure your safety and remove any liability concerns, we suggest recalibrations for any front-facing cameras in the following instances:
- When windshields are removed
- Any time the camera has been unplugged or removed
- When the vehicle requires an alignment (certain models; check ICAR or OE Portals)
- When frames are bent
- When your vehicle undergoes significant roof damage
- When vehicles have damage to the post of the windshield